06 April 2010

ho hum

Okay, so I haven't been on here much. I haven't been in a bloggy mood with all the exciting spring projects I want to tackle (and have been!). But I thought I'd give a wee update for anyone curious.

For the most part, there isn't much happening. We're still on the list. WAY up on the list, so the exciting 'stuff' we'd like to happen won't realistically be for a while. Regardless, we carry along, taking the bumps in stride...or trying to, wishing that our number could be closer to the top.

Some recent bumps:

- new legislation in Ethiopia requiring the parents (or one at least) to appear in court; meaning two trips to Ethiopia. To be honest with you, and expenses aside, this rather excites me because we'd (or I'd) get to meet our little one sooner than later and simply, we'd get to travel twice. I'm always game for an adventure. On the flip side, we'd have to leave our little one behind in Ethiopia, which could possibly be the most difficult part of our journey.

- referrals are still at a slow trickle

- still waiting for our letter of approval from the Alberta government; they're apparantly super busy and behind

That basically sums it up.

1 comment:

Lezlie said...

Thanks for the update :) It would be exciting to get to travel twice, but it would be difficult to have to leave your little one behind...